Steve Anderson served as General Counsel to the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority for almost 10 years. He provided the legal support needed for the Brandon Extension , the Elevated Bridge expansion of the Leroy Selmon highway, the Authority’s new office building, the Meridian Street exit and many other complex projects. He also served as special counsel to the City of Tampa on certain construction issues relating to its Ybor City Trolley system.
Mr. Anderson’s knowledge of Hillsborough’s transportation needs enables him to represent clients such as Lyft, Inc., the new concept in ride sharing and local mobility. Similarly, he has helped important service providers, like the ambulance company, Transcare, obtain critical licensure.
Additionally, as General Counsel to the Tampa Port Authority, he constantly dealt with intermodal projects and issues. Some of the issues he has extensive experience and knowledge in are:
- Complex construction, engineering and project related contracts
- Project management issues and problem resolution
- Project finance
- Public-private partnership creation and documentation
- Public records and government in the sunshine issues
- Interlocal agreements and interagency dealings
- Right of way and easements
- Project partnering, dispute resolution and claims processing