Steve Anderson knows Tampa’s port and its business. Tampa’s Port is one of the primary economic engines in West Central Florida. The port community houses, maintains, equips and supplies ships from around the globe.
These ships in turn rely upon thousands of freight trucks transporting valuable cargo to and from the port each week. Hugh cargo cranes, warehouses, dry docks and rail facilities are integral to the life of the port. The Port is managed by the Tampa Port Authority, which sets policy, leases land to port tenants, sets tariffs, and otherwise provides infrastructure and support to the entire port community.
Steve Anderson served as General Counsel to the Tampa Port Authority for a decade and his work can be seen in almost every facet of the port; from the Channelside retail center and cruise terminals, to refrigerated warehouses and parking garages. He has the credibility, the experience and the skills to serve clients in almost any port project:
- Representing industry and businesses before the Port Board
- Complex lease negotiations and drafting
- Interlocal agreements and interagency MOUs
- Construction management, design build, and related contracts
- Public records and open meetings issues
- Conflict of interest and ethics issues
- Procurement procedures and assistance